Song Writing & Music for People Living with Dementia
- Caladenia Dementia Care Mooroolbark – Bronwyn Baade Program leader
- The University of Melbourne National Music Therapy Research Unit - Associate Professor Felicity Baker
- Music Therapist
- Yarra Ranges Council sub-committee for Positive Ageing
- To design and deliver a series of 10 weekly sessions of song-writing and music with 2 groups of 10 participants living with dementia & 1 group of carers from Caladenia Dementia Care.
- To track changes to participants sense of connectedness with each other, sense of identity, and wellbeing through anecdotal evaluation from Caladenia personnel, analysis of songs created, and observations by the music therapist.
- The project goals are to:
- provide participant benefits of increased enjoyment and engagement with life, expression of identity, and connectedness with others and
- track changes which will provide a body of evidence for a larger pilot project.
Project Manager: Cath Russell